Some gifts are timeless.
As parents and spouses across the country watch their loved ones open their gifts this Christmas morning, it should come as no surprise that many of the presents that were unwrapped were little more than a passing fad. From talking monkeys and sloths that are robots that hang on your finger to the combination crock pot and pressure cooker that is sweeping the country, many of the gifts that are given today will be forgotten by tomorrow. Gift givers who want to make sure that the presents they give will last, however, know that quality watches are a present that will stand the test of time.
Although there are a growing number of Americans who do little more than look to their phone to know the time, a surprising number of people still realize the value of making an investment in a fine timepiece like a Rolex, an Omega, or a Breitling, or other well known brand. And while new watches may be out of some buyers’ price ranges, many high end used watches are available, For instance, pre owned Omega watches are still a good investment as long as you know you are buying from a reputable seller. From pre owned Omega watches to finding Rolex watch sales, the internet can help you connect to a number of suppliers, dealers, and individual sellers.
Whether you are searching for used Presidential Rolexes or any kind of Zenith watches for sale, understanding the product ahead of time can help you understand your options. And while many dealers are reputable, if you are not familiar with the watch buying and selling community, you might get caught paying too much for a timepiece of little value.
Consider some of these facts and figures about high end watches that are available and some of the information that sets some of the top brands apart:
- 1926 was the year that Rolex created the first waterproof wrist watch.
- 25% of people who buy watches indicate that they mainly wear a watch for the purpose of making a fashion statement.
- 12% of people who buy watches indicate that they wear their watch as a status symbol.
- Bonded to one or both sides of a base metal, a “gold-filled” watch is one that has a thin sheet of gold, normally at least 20 microns thick.
- With a recommended minimum thickness that should be 10 microns thick, a “gold-plated” watch has a coating of a gold alloy over a base metal by either electro-depositing, a chemical process, or a combination of the two.
- The watch market is expected to reach $11.5 billion by the year 2020, with an estimated annual growth rate of about 4%.
With one more holiday weekend to go, many people are still in search of a classic gift that will impress. For many, the answer is a luxury timepiece that holds its value for many years to come. From pre owned Omega watches to a new Rolex, many discriminating consumers select high end time pieces for that special someone.